Home of the |TA|
Please log in or register.
If you are having trouble loging in please contact an admin.
Or E-mail us at TheTacticalAssassins@gmail.com
Home of the |TA|
Please log in or register.
If you are having trouble loging in please contact an admin.
Or E-mail us at TheTacticalAssassins@gmail.com
Home of the |TA|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|TA| Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sig's are now working! Go add your's now!

How |TA| is seen by the other clans?

Go down 
+8
BlitSin
Ketchup
Cpt fulro
Aoi Tsuki
~Fd-God~
Fox
Boblekonvolutt
Erry (The Deagler)
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Erry (The Deagler)

Erry (The Deagler)

How |TA| is seen by the other clans? Empty
PostSubject: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 9:41 am

Someone said bout us we're just "decent" (DO clan), someone else we're just few, and someone we got too many Cpt...
You think we should to change something?
Let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/erryrollins
Boblekonvolutt
Mr Oh Papi
Boblekonvolutt

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 10:53 am

As I see it, you need to get together and play, and make something of these forums. When [DO] was new, people thought it was crap. We took it easy and were patient, then kicked their asses. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
http://darkops.prophpbb.com
Fox
Site Administrator
Fox

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:49 pm

"Patience is a virtue"
Back to top Go down
Steam http://www.justin.com
Boblekonvolutt
Mr Oh Papi
Boblekonvolutt

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:05 am

That's my line... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://darkops.prophpbb.com
~Fd-God~
|TA| Member
~Fd-God~

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 9:30 pm

WE SHALL REUNITE AND THIS WILL HAPPEN Being Shot Watching TV
Back to top Go down
Aoi Tsuki
|TA| Member
Aoi Tsuki

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 11:21 pm

LOL YUP!!!!!11one! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cpt fulro
|TA| Member
Cpt fulro

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:19 pm

bob ask me scrim today but nodboy online.. we hav lik two CPT. not ta much.. but we dont hav sommander rank yet
Back to top Go down
Ketchup

Ketchup

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:20 pm

I believe the rank problem could be fixed by recruiting a reasonable amount of players, distributing the ranks evenly. If you manage get a dozen recruits, it could possibly make up for all the high ranks you have. (Possibly bump down seemingly dead, inactive members.)
Back to top Go down
Steam
BlitSin
|TA| Member
BlitSin

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:57 am

I really would like to play some scrims, especially since im on break now...
Back to top Go down
Providencia
|TA| Member
Providencia

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 1:27 am

I'm afraid that if we try to bolster the ranks with more privates than would naturally be found by skill, our reputation as a clan will take another hit.

Instead, it may be necessary not to allow any more promotions for members without kicking another out from his position. As I mentioned on the 'platoon' thread, we should begin to settle for a specific fraction of each rank, with some excess of privates to fill in for flakes..

This is necessary for the officers and higher-ups to actually have power over a respectable number of members. If one corporal can lead three privates for example, every command he makes will have a noticeable difference in a battle.

This would make each promotion much more desirable and assure us competitive quality from those who have been awarded these positions.

Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
anendor
|TA| Member
anendor

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:04 am

also, providencia, i liked your idea about the "challenging" thing.
it ensures that the officers are more skilled than the privates--something i'm sure we all want.

so, even though this isn't even implemented, here's a tentative list of rules...
1. NO CHALLENGING THE GENERALS. self-explanatory.

2. each challenge consists of one game (1 v 1) played between the challenger and the 'challenged.' The person being challenged gets to pick the map. The match will begin at the challenged person's discretion.

3. No whining if you lose.

4. If the challenger loses, the challenged person cannot be challenged by any one over the next ten days. If the challenger wins, they switch places, and neither can be challenged by any one over the next ten days.

tell me what you think...

---
Shooting
Back to top Go down
Providencia
|TA| Member
Providencia

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Cool, let's not forget that a member should only be able to challenge the position above himself. This would prevent 'leapfrogging' and deter short term members to shoot up to the top without proper skill.

I also like your idea about the ten days, but to keep it simple for us to remember, perhaps the interval should be a week instead. So if you were challenged on Wednesday, you can't be challenged until next week Thursday. Also, this rule should be able to be bypassed if the challenged would like a challenger to step in their place (1 v 1 still applies however).

About the no challenging the generals rule, I think there should be some flexibility. The generals may want someone to pick up their mantle after a while if they don't have as much time on their hands or if they may have to take a break from Soldat. In this case, the general would be able to choose at least one contestant for his position, and by vote from at least 6 members, at least one other contestant must be allowed to compete with the chosen contestant for the top (both must have already beat the general, if one can't then the other contestant takes the position). This is the only time 'leapfrogging' would be allowed, when the generals replace their own seats.

Just so no one forgets this, the challenged members who lose, will trade positions with the challengers. Only if the generals decide to change the proportions of rank will a member be allowed to be demoted a rank lower than that of his challengers. Sound correct?

Also, if the generals want to open more officer positions, hand picking should not be excused. At least two contestants must compete for the new position, and there on, the former rules apply.
Back to top Go down
BlitSin
|TA| Member
BlitSin

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:40 pm

good but how about more matches
1 match might be skewed in favor of someone. Best two out of three sounds good, but it's slower though. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Providencia
|TA| Member
Providencia

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Agreed, notice I said at least one other contestant. I'm just playing it safe incase we must resort to extreme measures in the future in case of a large fallout.
Back to top Go down
anendor
|TA| Member
anendor

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:31 pm

okay.

Last edited by anendor on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anendor
|TA| Member
anendor

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Last edited by anendor on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Providencia
|TA| Member
Providencia

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:03 pm

we could probably just request for the TA server to locked or have a permanent server schedule to have the TA server locked during the week.
Back to top Go down
w00t

w00t

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:59 pm

DO is pretty cocky, so dont worry about it. They're good though so dont get me wrong. Nc really respects TA, they just never really have gotten a chance to scrim you.
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:58 am

Somewhat like what I used to see DO as, back when they were more numerous and I was more cynical. A fad that was going to blow over soon and wasn't very good. I love DO now, they're cool. (obvioudly, I love TA now too) But since I joined TA I've got a few "Ragh Kharn you joined TA everyone's in TA you sellout you used to be cool!" comments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamawesome.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How |TA| is seen by the other clans?   How |TA| is seen by the other clans? Empty

Back to top Go down

How |TA| is seen by the other clans?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Home of the |TA| :: General :: Other-
Jump to: