Home of the |TA|
Please log in or register.
If you are having trouble loging in please contact an admin.
Or E-mail us at TheTacticalAssassins@gmail.com
Home of the |TA|
Please log in or register.
If you are having trouble loging in please contact an admin.
Or E-mail us at TheTacticalAssassins@gmail.com
Home of the |TA|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|TA| Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sig's are now working! Go add your's now!

Exclusive |TA| TW Maps

Go down 
+5
|TA| Bandeyri
A tree
Kharn!
Fox
SplinterSnake
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SplinterSnake

SplinterSnake

Exclusive |TA| TW Maps Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Manowar and Battlefleet are great, Kharn, but they're not really TW. I'd like to help make some TW maps for the server. Except I'd make my interpretation and then pass it on to someone for improvement before it gets to Fawks for checking.

I think maps as good as Gloryhill on the server would be a great addition.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Site Administrator
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Alright get to it boy!
Back to top Go down
Steam http://www.justin.com
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Yeah. Exclusive stuff is supercool.
Btw, while we were specced in the scrim yesterday, we discussed lograv maps a bit. One idea was a TW-style lograv map, with space stations for bunkers. And, like, stuff. A more 'normal' TW map could be a moonscape tw which would also serve as a lograv map.

I think there need to be more TW maps with tunnels. In World War One, I think there were situations where undermining was used. Verdun's the only one I can think of with any cool tunnels, windmill sort of has it but only as a substitute for bunkers. A vietnam-themed one could have some pretty extensive ones. (though the broken vietnam map on our server doesn't...)

I just noticed that a new polyworks version came out with GIF support-
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35200.0

Reminded me of an old idea I had for a 'car chase' TW map, with trucks for trenches and animated ground sceneries to make an illusion of motion. You fall out of the trucks, you get hurt or killed. So you have to know how to cross no mans land without touching it, making rushing more dangerous. Ease of rushing is a bit of a problem in soldat TW, a fun problem though, but it takes the trench warfare tactics out of trenchwars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamawesome.com
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:07 am

small little pic for possible inspiration

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/d/de/20071108132916!World_War_I-_Battle_of_Oghratine_-memory.loc.gov.jpg

one side is a small jungle and the other is a desert
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 am

That's groovetacular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallipoli_Campaign
Would make an interesting inf_tw map, with the odds stacked against alpha and you only have 25 minutes or whatever to find a way through. Plant the flag, maybe.
For that matter, Iwo Jima. Tunnels, mountains, all the shiny stuff.
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:40 am

tunnels arn't too great for a 2d game. People will complain about explosions and crap above them that would kill them. Also tunnels would be sniper,mp5, and law heaven as tunnels usally go straight. If the tunnels bend alot people complain about getting polyed, happens on this one tw map with tunnels (forgot the name though).
How about the middle of a tw map be a small depression in the land with no bunker or landmark, complete no man's land. It would be interesting as none of the other tw maps have such. Maybe a map which every side starts from the top and work their way down small hills with not that steep inclines.
Back to top Go down
SplinterSnake

SplinterSnake

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:41 am

I'm working on a map, but I'm probably not going to finish it all by myself. It's going to be different but not spectacular. Once I'm done with the basic skeletal idea of it, I'll send it to whoever. Mad

I don't have much credibility at all, sadly. The last time I made maps was during my Law Catch phase.

P.S. Mine has a tunnel that you go into after you get the enemy flag.
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 am

hidden tunnel just for fun pl0x Smile
Back to top Go down
|TA| Bandeyri
|TA| Member
|TA| Bandeyri

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:20 pm

yeah a hidden tunnel that only TAs new about would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Site Administrator
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Well Band, eventualy others are going to notice :3
Back to top Go down
Steam http://www.justin.com
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 7:52 pm

then we use the kill everyone on the map script Razz
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 pm

TTW scripts/maps have variable spawn points do they not? Maybe there could be spawns underground normally disabled but accessible with a password? Idk, my bff jill. Then there's the issue of finding somewhere for the tunnels to go, where you can leave without being noticed. Sorta like the TW_Cliffs (i think) exits/entrances near the spawns.

Maybe, taking a city map as an example, you could have a subway underneath that looks like you can't get there and it's only scenery, but at subway entrances you can shoot down but not move down. However, also in the tunnel below each entrance, one of those nifty intentional polybugs that teleport you, so that you could get out but not in.
A subway section in a city map would also require, absolutely and undeniably, animated GIF hobo sceneries.

Can scripts make you spawn at other teams' points? Charlie and Delta spawns could be in the tunnels...
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:10 pm

Ooooooh just was on Tazaraki's TW server. Similarly adminned freeform. We did this cool siege thing where all players were on charlie team then gun bots were put on alpha and bravo. This was on TW maps. I think some TW maps could be reworked as an inf setup for that kind of thing, with both flags in the middle bunker so that if alpha team touches them, they score repeatedly and instantly until they reach the cap limit to win. Bravo team spawns in the middle bunker and whatever trenches are near it, alpha in both places where people would normally spawn. I'll mock up the idea with gloryhill soon...
Back to top Go down
<-Hacktank->

<-Hacktank->

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:06 am

Well as the scripter here i can make it where certine spawn poits are only accesable to TA members Very Happy and u can make one way polys for the exits so its impossible for non TAs to get in.
Back to top Go down
Aoi Tsuki
|TA| Member
Aoi Tsuki

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Cool! Lets make a D-Day map!
Back to top Go down
Xxypher
|TA| Member
Xxypher

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 10:47 pm

How about my Gloryhill ten years later map?
Back to top Go down
Tazaraki

Tazaraki

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:16 am

Um. Screenshot? :O
Back to top Go down
Xxypher
|TA| Member
Xxypher

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 2:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive |TA| TW Maps   Exclusive |TA| TW Maps Empty

Back to top Go down

Exclusive |TA| TW Maps
Page 1 of 1