Home of the |TA|
Please log in or register.
If you are having trouble loging in please contact an admin.
Or E-mail us at TheTacticalAssassins@gmail.com
Home of the |TA|
Please log in or register.
If you are having trouble loging in please contact an admin.
Or E-mail us at TheTacticalAssassins@gmail.com
Home of the |TA|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|TA| Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sig's are now working! Go add your's now!

Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.

Go down 
+7
Aoi Tsuki
Grief Ninja
<-Hacktank->
|TA| Bandeyri
SplinterSnake
A tree
Kharn!
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. Empty
PostSubject: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:34 am

I'm not an expert on scripting- we have hacktank now, who can tell what is or isn't possible- but there's some stuff lacking in the TW scripts on most servers.
First, gas. I've never seen a script with gas, though I could sorta do it in fistbox. My rough idea here -again, I don't know how workable any of it is, I just played around on fistbox a lot back in the day- would be to have minigun bullets spawn at random points in the target area, with no velocity, just raining pain, which would go on for a while. Maybe have them moving faster or just being more of them in the center, to make it less possible to get through.
Second, airstrikes. Everyone has one, most of them are boring. Just bombs is easy to dodge if you know how. How about machine guns too, coming in at an angle and moving very fast. Maybe use the barrett shot. Perhaps even make strafing runs and bombing runs two separate events, with strafing giving less warning. Or even make strafing purchasable and bombing random. Idk. Just ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamawesome.com
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

A stat that acts as a artillery that might fire an m79 shot every like 15 sec.

Random times which a mg will appear and shoot out over an area forcing people to find cover.

Random land mine bombs (a law spawning in like major areas of barbed wire) with a warning before though.

More bombs with warnings that make a very small explosion that force people out of trenches and out into the open.

These things are mostly pre coded though
Back to top Go down
SplinterSnake

SplinterSnake

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:11 am

Kharn! wrote:
How about machine guns too, coming in at an angle and mhisoving very fast. Maybe use the barrett shot. Perhaps even make strafing runs and bombing runs two separate events, with strafing giving less warning. Or even make strafing purchasable and bombing random. Idk. Just ideas.

These are great ideas. I've never thought of spray replacing airstrikes. If we're going to have normal airstrikes like in eC, I say we make them the ridiculously fast ones. And even so, maybe not even have a warning?
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:13 am

would be very funny not to have warning at all for airstrikes, you either learn about them by the kill log or by your allies saying "OH SHIT"
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:20 am

we need a command that spawns missles everywhere killing everyone xD
Back to top Go down
SplinterSnake

SplinterSnake

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:20 am

Or maybe at certain intervals a random person on a team, for a minute, is given the power to airstrike the other team.
Back to top Go down
|TA| Bandeyri
|TA| Member
|TA| Bandeyri

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:18 pm

like a guy that is being a badass and kill em all gets to choose who gets bombed or exploded.
Back to top Go down
<-Hacktank->

<-Hacktank->

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:10 am

Ok guys i just got done with the Airstrike script, its totally badass and hard as hell to doge, and ill make a bulletstorm script if you want, it sounds cool and innovative.

If you have any other ideas dont hesitate to ask mention them!

PS: Fox i need the new FTP password. Lol.

EDIT: Ok, currently it sends an airstrike to the side with the most people on it, and the owner of the airstrike bullets is a random person from the side not getting bombed, but i like the random person is given the ability to strike. Lets discuss ways to make the strike happen.
Back to top Go down
Grief Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:54 pm

if you can, add a little air plane up at the top, I mean, it's not realistic otherwise, mortar shells don't just fall from the sky S:S::S:S: :S: :S :S: :S ::S :S :S :S :S:S: S:: cool stuff though
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 1:43 pm

But how does this random person know how to use the airstrike bullets thing?
Back to top Go down
SplinterSnake

SplinterSnake

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 3:12 pm

A tree wrote:
But how does this random person know how to use the airstrike bullets thing?

It would probably be like the mines. Ex:

You can now place one mine. Type /mine.
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:13 pm

ew no mines, thats why i hated leos
Back to top Go down
Aoi Tsuki
|TA| Member
Aoi Tsuki

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:26 pm

i lurve mines lol

they make the game more realistic >:]

i dont like FF tho Neutral
Back to top Go down
Aoi Tsuki
|TA| Member
Aoi Tsuki

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:29 pm

It would be cool if TW was more WWI TW like so artillery strikes, bombs and mines >:]
Back to top Go down
Providencia
|TA| Member
Providencia

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 pm

I know this isn't popular but I think adding extra scripts to our server is only going to deter people in the end.

Sure it sounds lame, but if we want to get better at scrimming, we should practice in those conditions as much as possible.

Are you guys still playing Manowar a lot? I think it's fun, but it shouldn't really be a mainstay in our 'trenchwar' server :\
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:24 am

btw one of our maps is fucking up badly, it always would say it had a wrong version of the map no matter how many times i downloaded. I managed to change it by using quick typing to get to the next map.
Also we need a command to stop those unneeded airstrikes. They can be really annoying sometimes.
Back to top Go down
<-Hacktank->

<-Hacktank->

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:52 am

There is a command for that, and always has been Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:17 am

A tree wrote:
btw one of our maps is fucking up badly, it always would say it had a wrong version of the map no matter how many times i downloaded. I managed to change it by using quick typing to get to the next map.
Also we need a command to stop those unneeded airstrikes. They can be really annoying sometimes.

Deadcliffy, I already reported that on here somewhere. You used the same solution I did.
Back to top Go down
Xxypher
|TA| Member
Xxypher

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:11 am

A large purchasing systems would be nice. Pred kits, Bezerkers, maybe specially scripted items like a vest that allows you to take less damage or only lose 50% of your health from an explosion.
The ability to call in your own mini airstrikes.
Bombs, mines, and so on would be great. Earnable mines like in the LEO server.

Though I think you should have special times in the game, like Fridays or Saturdays, where you have a special TW variant that applies all of this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:23 am

Calling in strafing runs on individual players would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Xxypher
|TA| Member
Xxypher

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:24 am

/airstrike ID
That would be the best. Five or six bombs fall onto one specific player. Actually, I think having it a napalm with Fire Arrows would be better, that, or some carpet bombs with Clusters.
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:40 pm

/airstrike ID
commonly known as abuse of power and a sure asshole
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Unless it required money. Say someone is doing the nigh-invincible AK camp on Coldmorning, for example. That's when you need divine intervention to take that asshole down.
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 6:10 pm

thats why we have the anonymous super fast airstrike that is impossible to out run. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xxypher
|TA| Member
Xxypher

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 7:02 pm

That would work. A point system that is calculated by caps, kills, and so on. Like 20 points for a small strike of three LAWS or Clusters and such, and the ability to save/transfer the points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.   Let's have us some badass tw scriptage. Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's have us some badass tw scriptage.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Home of the |TA| :: |TA|TrenchWars :: Suggestions-
Jump to: