Home of the |TA|
Please log in or register.
If you are having trouble loging in please contact an admin.
Or E-mail us at TheTacticalAssassins@gmail.com
Home of the |TA|
Please log in or register.
If you are having trouble loging in please contact an admin.
Or E-mail us at TheTacticalAssassins@gmail.com
Home of the |TA|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|TA| Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sig's are now working! Go add your's now!

TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short Empty
PostSubject: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Finally got around to making the TW map I've always wanted to. Rather like a Snickers bar, it's bunker on the outside with a muddy bloody center.
Of course, TW players love their rushes, so it's a very short map to make them feasible. But a few AKs/Minimis should be able to massacre rushers.
I'll waypoint it when I get back after break (or maybe just later today), until then here's how it looks-
TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short 28jk7wj
Jets: none
Nades: 4
Medkits: 2
Colliders: none!

No colliders because I think most maps cripple their trenches by making them too easy to nade. Instead, I've used my favorite thing ever, that is, invisible polygons. So nades are usually likely to just bounce off cover. On the flip side, it means a certain portion of the time you can shoot through cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iamawesome.com
BlitSin
|TA| Member
BlitSin

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:49 pm

That's Thomas Hobbes.
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:05 am

...Okay. It took a long and frustrating time to realize that bots hate ice polygons for some reason, but I've now got it all waypointed. Also adjusted some stuff- more corners got rounded on the spawn bunkers, away with most powerups, etc. Likely to be my last post here for the break, so happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Click here for map download
Probably also going to do a 40k version for the mod...

@BlitsIn: Wut. I do recall that Tom Hobbes is rhyming slang for something or other.... Oh yeah nasty brutish and short. I'm a moron.

Last edited by Kharn! on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:32 am

hurropoai!
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:16 am

40k version is, I think, done.
Much as I hate the 'I want it to be gritty, so I'll make it sepia' fad, that is how it turned out. Unsurprising, given the subject matter.
I'll post it tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:44 pm

TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short X54d1w
Get it while it's hot.
General recolor, more haze, added tank wreck, bloodied a puddle.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Site Administrator
Fox

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Steam http://www.justin.com
BlitSin
|TA| Member
BlitSin

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Seems like an excellent blind sniping map to me (and a spraying map of AKs, rugers, minimis, steyrs, etc).
Painful. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:01 pm

BlitSin wrote:
Seems like an excellent blind sniping map to me (and a spraying map of AKs, rugers, minimis, steyrs, etc).
Painful. Laughing

The point exactly. I've always thought TW could do to work more like actual trench warfare.
Back to top Go down
Tazaraki

Tazaraki

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:29 pm

You know what, you should have like, a plane standing in the middle left side of the field. and and like, its only half the plane, with some wreckage around it, and and people can go in it and up like a story or 2.

that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
A tree
|Tree-A| Member
A tree

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:38 am

this map=epic spraying=me blowing myself up to get over the spray=extreme pain for rushers

moar trenchs plox
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:41 am

There's two barricades, which are pretty safe. Behind one, you should be able to defend yourself pretty well. They're not colliders, so nades will usually bounce off. Then it's a hop skip and a jump across no-man's-land. It's like walking on a cake made of pain and killy from that point on. Easy as seducing a nun or driving a needle through the eye of a gorrilla.

I'm planning another map with more trenches but without any hills, just craters. Also would be a plant-the-flag ctf map to put more emphasis on ground taken/lost.
Back to top Go down
BlitSin
|TA| Member
BlitSin

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Why don't you put in aiming guides? Like a big X to indicate where to put your reticule on to law some trench or window?
Back to top Go down
Kharn!
|TA| Member
Kharn!

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Too much work, but I may end up trying it anyways...
I'm not even sure if default LAW has the reach.
Vraks is going to go with a mod where LAW is a much longer ranged mortar thing, so I can't put targeters on that one without it not working with default mod.
I do have another map I'm starting that will have a poly-cannon for nades (in disguise ... http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/quadl.htm), which will have a targeter.
Back to top Go down
BlitSin
|TA| Member
BlitSin

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:20 pm

NIce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short   TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short Empty

Back to top Go down

TW_Morval - nasty, brutish and short
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Home of the |TA| :: |TA|TrenchWars :: New Maps-
Jump to: